Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Rock N Roll LA 2015 5K Recap

I was excited to run the Rock N Roll 5K again. Last year was my first year & I couldn't wait to do this years. Instead of driving like last year my friend and I took the metro which was easier. There was a lot of people also who took the metro. We got to the race around 6:30 and the race started at 7am. I was suppose to be in corral 2, but I stayed back with my friend in corral 7. Nothing much to say about the course since it was just a 5K. For some reason after 2 miles I started feeling a slight pain in my right side. I was like is this a joke. I have never had any pain around my abs/stomach area while running. I actually contemplated walking for a bit. Glad I didn't though. It wasn't really anything and then I was able to finish in 30:32. I think last year was about 31:00. Just like last year the my Nike+ said the course was 3.21 which is fine. More miles for me to log. Overall I love this race. Seeing all the people getting into it and dressing up. Maybe for next year I'll think about doing the half marathon. I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around doing any half marathon. I think because a 10K is just 3 more miles than a 5K, but a half is like doing two 10Ks back to back. I think one of these days I just need to stop thinking about it and just sign-up for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment